SPE has a new look
Since 1978, SPE Federal Credit Union, then called Science Park Employees Credit Union, has striven to provide community-minded financial products and services that enhance your financial well-being. Over 41 years, we’ve expanded our charter and our locations to include over 10,000 members today.
To embody our mission to inspire you to change the way you think about your finances, SPE has updated our brand. With this new look and feel
comes an updated logo and vibrant colors that you see here. This transition to the new logo and colors will occur over the coming weeks.
At SPE, our members are part of our family. Our strong commitment to the community is our priority. We’re continuing to provide the same great products and services while enhancing the experience. We hope you love our new look as much as we do!
State College Office Hour Changes
Effective January 2, 2020 our two State College office hours will be changing. Changing office hours is never an easy decision, but after reviewing survey data and researching the transaction data for our offices we decided changing our hours would help eliminate member confusion and create more consistency. With the rise in technology use, we are also seeing that many of our members are preferring to use our mobile app along with mobile check deposit as an alternative to coming into our offices. If you are interested in setting up online banking, the mobile app, or mobile check deposit please give us a call or stop by to get set up.
Science Park Office – Monday thru Friday 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
College Ave Office – Monday thru Friday 9:00 am – 4:30 pm and Saturday 9:00 am – Noon
The credit union’s mission is to provide financial solutions to everyday challenges and improve the financial well-being of our members and communities.
Here are some examples to illustrate how we are working to fulfill our mission:
- In January of 2019, we launched our new Rise Rewards program designed to provide even greater value and benefits to ALL members. By now, you should have seen these benefits on your statements.
- In January of last year (2018), we eliminated about 90% of our service fees. That’s right! Gone! No more! And now we have just a few.
- Check out our HELOC rates and terms. They may just be the best in the market!!!
- We continue to offer our free, credit checkup service, in which we help you understand your report (not just the credit score) and make sure there are no errors. We then work with you to clean up any errors, identify ways to improve your credit score and help lower your costs of borrowing. Lowering your interest rate and reducing your loan term can save you a lot of money, get you out of debt faster and help you achieve peace of mind.
- Construction on our new office in Huntingdon should begin in mid-2019 and we hope to be moved in early 2020. Look for a grand opening celebration early in 2020!
- Check out our “Feel Good Friday” postings on Facebook to see a small sampling of real-life situations where we have made a difference with our members. These are examples of things we do every day!