Since 1978, SPE Federal Credit Union has striven to provide community-minded financial products and services that enhance your financial well-being. Over 41 years, we’ve expanded our charter and our locations to include over 10,000 members today.
To embody our mission to inspire you to change the way you think about your finances, SPE has updated our brand. With this new look and feel
comes an updated logo and vibrant colors that you see here. This transition to the new logo and colors will occur over the coming weeks.
At SPE, our members are part of our family. Our strong commitment to the community is our priority. We’re continuing to provide the same great products and services while enhancing the experience. We hope you love our new look as much as we do!
The credit union’s mission is to provide financial solutions to everyday challenges and improve the financial well-being of our members and communities.
Here are some examples to illustrate how we are working to fulfill our mission:
- In January of 2019, we launched our new Rise Rewards program designed to provide even greater value and benefits to ALL members. By now, you should have seen these benefits on your statements.
- In January 2018, we eliminated about 90% of our service fees. That’s right! Gone! No more! And now we have just a few.
- Check out our HELOC rates and terms. They may just be the best in the market!!!
- We continue to offer our free, credit checkup service, in which we help you understand your report (not just the credit score) and make sure there are no errors. We then work with you to clean up any errors, identify ways to improve your credit score and help lower your costs of borrowing. Lowering your interest rate and reducing your loan term can save you a lot of money, get you out of debt faster and help you achieve peace of mind.
- Check out our “Feel Good Friday” postings on Facebook to see a small sampling of real-life situations where we have made a difference with our members. These are examples of things we do every day!
SPE’s new Huntingdon County office opened on March 17, 2020, at 9902 Shaner Blvd, Huntingdon, PA 16652.
On Tuesday, March 17, SPE’s new office at 9902 Shaner Blvd opened at 9:00 am with new office hours. The new hour’s effective March 17, 2020, are:
Monday thru Friday 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
Saturday 9:00 am – noon
This is a significant step for the credit union as we deepen our footprint in the Huntingdon community. Our founders made a commitment to help others and we are happy to fulfill that promise by giving back to the communities where we live and work. As part of the commitment, our new Shaner Blvd office will be powered by energy-efficient solar panels and a community room will be available for use at no cost to community organizations.
We look forward to celebrating with our members and the community with a formal grand opening scheduled for September.